For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Orca Design and Production Limited of 11 Church Walk, Thames Ditton, Surrey, KT7 0NP.
Why we collect your data.
We have two purposes for processing your personal data:
- To sell our products to you and carry out any logistics for delivery or return of goods. This purpose allows Castles for Rascals to lawfully process your data for legitimate interests (GDPR 6F) and our legal obligations to your country’s tax and revenue authorities.
- To inspire, engage and inform you of our services, products and exclusive offers. This purpose allows Castles for Rascals to seek your consent to process your data for communication, education and marketing purposes (GDPR 1). Without your explicit consent, Castles for Rascals will not process your data for this purpose.
How and what personal data do we collect.
We collect the following data during checkout:
- Full Name
- Billing Address & Delivery Address
- Contact number
- Email address
- Credit card/ Payment details are all encrypted and not held by us
- Previous Castles for Rascals purchase history
Sensitive personal data
Information that could reveal your racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health, religious beliefs or alleged commission or conviction of criminal offences is considered “sensitive personal data” under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and other data protection laws. We do not collect this data.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To manage your orders and provide our services to you. When you purchase from us, or seek advice, we use your information to perform our services in relation to your purchase or enquiry, for example to provide you with product.
- To communicate with you and manage our relationship with you. Occasionally we may need to contact you by email and/or telephone for administrative or operational reasons, for example in order to send you confirmation of your purchases and your payments, to notify you when backordered products are available.
Please be aware that these communications are not made for marketing purposes and as such, you will continue to receive them even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications.
We will also use your personal data if we contact you after you have sent us a request, filled in a web-form through our website or contacted us on social media.
We will use the communications you exchange with us and the feedback you may provide in order to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and experiences for customers
If you are in the process of making a purchase under your account and you leave our website before your order has been placed, we may contact you in order to help you easily complete your purchase.
- To inform you about our news and offers that you may like. We may send you marketing communications, if you have indicated that you are happy to receive these, for example when you create an account on our website or filled in our sign up form you explicitly agree to receive such communications. You can also request us to send you marketing communications through managing your preferences in your account.
If you are happy to receive marketing communications, we will provide you with news from us such as new products that you may be interested in or services that you may like.
Please note that we do not share your contact details and other personal data with other companies for marketing purposes, unless we have obtained your consent to do so.
You can choose to opt out from receiving marketing communications at any time, by clicking on the relevant unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing related email you may receive from us.
- To improve our services, fulfil our administrative purposes and protect our business interests The business purposes for which we will use your information include accounting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification, fraud screening, security and legal purposes, statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, maintenance and development.
- To comply with our legal obligations, for example, our obligation to provide your information to local police agencies.
How we protect your data.
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information(which we do not hold) is secured and tokenized to ensure it is protected.
Your consent will be an explicit action from 25th May 2018.
As Castles for Rascals believes in good practice we do not, and never have, used defaulted opt-in checkboxes. If you would like to receive marketing communications from Castles for Rascals you will need to sign up to our newsletter and complete the two step verification. This is done to protect your email address from been falsely entered. Once you have received and followed the instructions from the verification email you will receive a -10% discount code applicable to your first Castles for Rascals purchase. You will be required to create an account to use your code.
We will not include your personal data for communication and marketing purposes where you have asked only for a transactional email (receipts, proof of delivery etc…).
We will keep your given consent on file for a period of up to 7 years from the last change before checking if your consent is still valid. We will not contact you if you have withdrawn consent, but you can grant or withdraw your consent at any time by contacting email@example.com
Requesting access to your personal data.
You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. This could include purchase information relating to products and services.
Read up on more information regarding GDPR and your rights here
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies.These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies.They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies.These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie name||Cookie purpose|
|seenMessage||This cookie indicates if you have seen the cookie disclaimer message at the top of the page.|
|frontend||This cookie stores a unique identifier which helps the website remember what products you are browsing and have added to your shopping bag|
|last_category||This cookie remembers the most recent product category you viewed. This is then used to make the back buttons on the products themselves take you back to where you just were.|
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you with may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Your payment details are not stored on our site. We use a third party secure payment gateway (WorldPay) who comply with PCI Data Security Standards.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with our newsletter (if you have registered for this) and information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We will never pass your information to third parties. If we need to do so at any time we would only do so with your explicit consent.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Orca Design and Production Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Orca Design and Production Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.